Cheel

I am sorry , I couldn't save you little bird .
I tried finding help but there was none.

I am sorry , I broke my promise to comeback after Iftaar.
I tried finding you  but it was too dark.

I am sorry for not taking you with me to a shade .
I was in a hurry and had an invitation .

I am sorry,I went to a daavat while and left you aside .
I was already late and I had to reach them .

I am Sorry, I had left you on the floor.
I had even planned as to which box I would put you in .

I am Sorry, I was hungry and failed to realise maybe you  were too.
I  tried looking for water to provide but I coudnt provide .

I am sorry, I had this agitation that you might be infected by #nipah
I didn't get too close to you , Maybe I was the one infected by fear .

Maybe this was a test from my Lord that you fell infront of me .
I failed , I miserably failed and  the regret runs in my veins .
I realised how I neglected a life , something alive , something born to fly .

I am sorry . R.I.P

- Anas Ahmad Khan






Comments

Popular